The Langdon Public Library is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a contributing member of the Newington Center Historic District. The building was constructed in 1893 with two small addition in 1913 and 1970. The project approved by the voters in 2013 was to add a new 4,500 sf addition and structural work to the existing building structure. Existing building work consisted of a sprinkler system, lighting and technology upgrades, a new heating and air conditioning system along with updated finishes.
With the Pease runway located a quarter mile from the library, the theme for the Children’s Room was “Langdon Airfield”. With large windows looking out in the flight path of the Air National Guard Base, the children and adults get a great view of these massive planes.