Hall Memorial Library
Hall Library is a shared facility belonging to the towns of Tilton and Northfield. The original building was constructed in 1885 and is currently on the National Register of Historic Buildings.
Working with the architect and a large Building Committee comprised of members of both towns, Bauen Corporation was hired to manage the renovation of the existing library building and the construction of a two-floor addition that more than doubled the size of the current facility. Despite the challenges of sharing a parking lot and access drive with an operating elementary school and working on an extremely tight site, the project was completed without disruption to the school and with only minimal loss of facility use at the library.
In spite of the differences in their age, the original library and the new addition blend together very nicely and the towns of Tilton and Northfield are very pleased with their new facility.